LEG DAY with Evan Centopani
Build Your Wheels like The Beast from the East!
Evan Centopani is a man who picks and chooses his contests with meticulous purpose. He only targets a contest he intends to win— or cause some serious damage. The proof is in his relatively short (five years) pro record, in which he stepped into the big leagues in tough lineups and battled the likes of Branch Warren, Dennis Wolf, Victor Martinez and Dexter Jackson. Evan placed third at this year’s Arnold Classic, won the FLEX Pro in 2011 and won the New York Pro in 2009. Evan is now focusing his energy on the Arnold and the Olympia. Since the foundation of any great physique is a set of killer legs, we thought you might like a crash course in leg training from Evan Centopani— the Beast From the East.
CLICK BELOW TO OPEN PRINTABLE CHART!
Evan Centopani’s “quick hit” tips for building legs.
1. Press through your heels and drive with your hips, not your knees.
2. On squats, be sure to keep your head and chest up— once you break your form and lean forward, it’s all over.
3. Quality is worth more than quantity— that goes for weight, form and the intensity of your sets.
4. Find a good partner to help you to force reps and reach failure safely.
5. When deciding between heavy weight and high reps, opt for both!
6. Warming up is a good investment. Just 10 minutes on the StepMill will pay you back, big time.
PLAYLIST: Evan’s Top 5 Tracks for Leg Day
1. Pantera— “Mouth for War”
2. Dio— “Rainbow in the Dark”
3. Queensryche— “Sister Mary”
4. Metallica— “For Whom The Bell Tolls”
5. Slipknot— “Snuff”